PAGES

Monday, February 21, 2011

There’s A First Time For Everything!

 

Well I finally did it.  I dusted off my Distrezz-It-All and my Janome Sew Mini for this card.  I got in a rut and was just using the same tools over and over.  And in my craft space I have tools I rarely or never use.  Does this sound familiar?

I consider myself a good sewer when it comes to fabric oh but paper is a new one for me.  And although I love my Janome Sew Mini I wish it had speed control.  But I’m sure if I use it more I will get better sewing straighter stitches.  But I like how this card turned out because 1. I used new tools that gave it a unique quality.   And 2. I did not use the color pink.  I tried my hand at using more rustic shades.  Let me know what you think.

(Click on Photos for a larger View)

Tilda with Tulle Skirt Card

Tilda with Tulle Skirt Card_Closeup

Tilda with Tulle Skirt Card_Flower Closeup

Here is what I used to make this card:

Magnolia Stamp – Tilda with Cute Skirt #210

Prisma Color Pencils and Copic Markers

Paper - The Rustic Stack by DCWV

Flowers – Roses from Wild Orchid Crafts & Doily Flowers made from the DooHickey Cutting Dies

Leaf and Swirl – Made from Doohickey Die called Leaf & Swirl

Mat behind Tilda – Created using Spellbinders Megabilities Long Classic Rectangles

Scallop w/holes Mat – SVG file & cut using Cricut

Bling – Green Rhinestones & Stardust Stickles (my stash)

Crochet Lace – Wild Orchid Crafts

 

Submitted this card in the following Challenges:

  7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog – Calling All Squares

  Crazy 4 Challenges – Use Dies to Create Card

  Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge – A Sketch

 

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Hugs, Fran

 

33 comments:

  1. Great card Fran. Love the colors and the coloring. The embellishment in the upper left is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Fran! I like your rustic look too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. wow.. wow.. Fran, your card is amazing.. the colors are sooo beautiful..
    Hugs, Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty textures and love the cute distressing for this Tilda card :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  5. You used eutiful card,she is very pretty! Bye Mascha

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way you color is awesome, this Tilda is so pretty. I love the copper accents on each side of the square too. Your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's beautiful Fran!! I love how you colored her!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT JOB FRAN...
    love all the elements and the coloring is fantastic....
    Keep creating you do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Fran, I love the colors you chose! I'm glad you tried something different because you did a wonderful job! I love her sparkly petticoat :))) And the corner flower is magnificient!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Fran;
    The colors are great. The card is so intricate. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a GREAT DAY!!!
    Bob L.
    www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is fabulous! The colors are gorgeous and Tilda is absolutely adorable. Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your earthtone colors! Love how you finished your flowers. I need to use my doohickey dies they add so much to a card. Super card Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's super pretty! Great job on your coloring and sewing!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, Fran! Love your choice of colors! Tilda is colored SO nicely! And your stitching looks perfect with the tattered edges!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fran,
    I love the colors you used and the flower in the left corner is adorable. I think the stitching adds character to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors!and your sewing looks good to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an adorable card. So much loveliness going on.
    THanks so much for sharing.
    Blessings to you and Happy MOnday~
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is lovely. You do a really good job of adding lots of bling without overpowering the main image.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You chose lovely colours, Fran and Tilda has been coloured in beautifully too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all your details Fran. You didn't miss a thing! The Doo Hickey flower is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card. Great inspiration for using those under-used tools and techniques.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous rustic look, Fran! I love these colors and your impeccable coloring! That Magnolia die is to die for!
    Don't you worry, you did a great job with the stitching. I, for myself, never stitched fabric before:))
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Luv this card, Fran! Luv the color! this 'rustic'(as you call it)is very nice!! I also luv to sew, and in fact, although you wished you could've sewn on paper better, but to me, this is perfect! cuz esp. with this 'rustic color' kind of card! For some reason, i've never seen this Tilda image before... now i want one! LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Fran!! First let me tell you that I love these colors! I really like the colors you chose for Tilda and great coloring job. I love those Magnolia DooHickey flowers - absolutely adore them. The mat behind Tilda is really nice and once again - love the fact that you stepped out and used some new colors. They are fabulous!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this card Fran! The colors are fantastic and oh boy all the Doohickeys are delightful! Wonderful with the sparkles added to Tilda's petticoat! Such a sweet card...TFS...hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely MARVELOUS....love your wonderful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't think I've seen this little Tilda before... she is gorgeous. Look at all those petticoats under her skirt. Gorgeous colouring! TFS, hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  28. This one with the "rustic" color scheme is in some of my favorite colors. You always add "bling" so well, without overwhelming the focal image. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so pretty. Your coloring is awesome! I love the diecut flowers to, soooo pretty. Thanks so much for signing to win my blog candy, good luck!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  30. great card Fran!!! I absolutely love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This a great card! I love the flower on the corner. Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids college Fund!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my Post. I so appreciate your compliments and hope you will come back soon.
Hugs, Fran