PAGES

Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Johnny

 

I made a card for the McMahon Five Design Team this week.  And I decided to pick a vintage image and the theme was for a young man’s birthday.  Making cards for guys are a challenge in itself when all we see are beautiful frilly cards for girls.  And having four grandsons I need to make more male cards to have on hand.  All details about how I made the card are below the photos.  Remember if you click on the photos you can get a larger view.

 

Happy Birthday Johnny JPG and PNG

HappyBirthdayJonny-Front View

I loaded the image into my imaging program, Paint Shop Pro and colored it using the sepia tone effect.  Then I added a little more Distress using Vintage Photo-Distress ink Pad by Ranger. In addition, I for one love color so I colored a couple of the images with both Paint Shop Pro and Prisma Colored Pencils.  I wanted the cake to stand out so I made my own homemade puff paint by following a recipe I found online.  You take a thick White Glue and add any color acrylic paint. In this case I added white paint.  Then I kept mixing it until it got thick and spread it on the cake. Then I sprinkled blue glitter on the cake and candles.  I also added Diamond Glaze to the cake plate, cake knife, and glasses. The rosette was made using the same background music paper. I distressed the music paper using my Zutter Distrezz-it-All tool

 

HappyBirthdayJonny-Front Flat View

Another View of the Front of the card.

 

HappyBirthdayJonny-Inside View

Here is an inside view of the card.  I used the same music paper like on the front of the card. Except this time instead of distressing the edges I just distressed the paper with Vintage Photo, Distress ink pad.  I cut the paper in two different sizes and stitched the edges using a zig zag stitch. (Click on photo for a more detailed view).  I cut out two circles using the same paper I used to make the card base and front.  I made another rosette using the music paper and distressed it with vintage photo ink also.  Then I cut the sentiment “Happy Birthday” using my Cricut.  And if you know me well I added  Stickles Glitter Glue to various spots on the sentiment.  I have a weakness for Stickles :)

Please visit the McMahon Five Design Store to see all the beautiful digital images created by various artists.

Thank you for stopping by, Fran

10 comments:

  1. Great card Fran, and I love the way you have coloured the main image - it is stunning.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Fran, I love this card!!! The vintage feel is awesome!!! Your selective coloring is so beautiful and the highlight of the cake is perfect! The inside is another great card too!!!!! You did a fantastic job!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your vintage card!!! So cute! It reminds me of the Graphic 45 Primer paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran this is gorgeous - you computer savvy lady you -- I can't even understand what you said you did much less do it!!!! Love it sugar. I don know I have an e-mail of yours to answer - don't give up on me kid.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! That is awesome Fran!! The vintage touch is perfect for that darling image. You've certainly inspired me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Fran! You did such a great job with it. I was afraid of this image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Fran! I love the vintage look and the home-made puff paint is fabulous and looks so yummy!
    The inside is just as gorgeous as the front!

    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my Post. I so appreciate your compliments and hope you will come back soon.
Hugs, Fran