PAGES

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Envelope Punch Board

 

 

Photo Tutorial Down and Dirty

(Did it real quick so the photos are not that great)

 

 

1.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

2.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

               1. I measured my paper to the 3 3/8 mark on the left edge ruler score line.

               2.  See the # 2 punch mark well that is the edge I measured and punched after I did the #1 scored and punched edge.  Just turn your paper around 180 degrees (instead of the 90 degrees as mentioned on the board).  This process worked better for me.

 

3. Now go and line up the edges 3 and 4 by making sure the score guide is in the center of the score line.  See photo below.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

4.  Mock up of a 4 x 5 1/2” card to show you how it fits in the envelope before you glue the envelope together.  Remember to think about the embellishments on your card before you make an envelope for the size card you made.  The envelope should be made bigger in order for dimensional embellishment to fit inside the envelope.  The initial envelops you are making while practicing are more for the “CAS” type cards.  Clean and simple.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

5.  Just showing you in the photo below how the card slides in nicely after the envelope is glued together.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

6.  Here is the envelope glued together and you can see the top flap edges meet perfectly on the edge of the envelope (does that make sense).  I hope the picture shows what I am trying to say.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Just a down and dirty quick photo tutorial for you to see how I made my envelope.  And I will say this.  I did this envelope once and it turned out.  But I made two different sizes earlier and I had to do them twice before I got it right.  I have no clue what I did wrong.  The only thing is your measurements must be exact and you must take your time.  And use old paper while practicing.  I have old Christmas paper and old typing paper that I used.  I did not want to mess up my good paper.  Feel free to ask any questions.  I will do my best to help you.

 

Fran

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my Post. I so appreciate your compliments and hope you will come back soon.
Hugs, Fran