PAGES

Friday, October 25, 2013

What’s the scoop?

 

Today is “Flashback Friday” release for McMahon Five Designs.  I chose to go back a little ways and make a card using a cute image by Draw Me A Daydream.  Here is a preview of what you get in this cute digital package.

JPG and PNG Files

DMAD - Boyscream Store Image

And you probably guessed it!  I used the image that has been already colored.  Gosh you are probably tired of hearing me say this over and over of how much time it saves you to have an image already colored. 

 

My Project

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Card Details: Card created using Neenah Environment Desert Storm card stock 80#.  I experimented with this card and used a chevron stencil created with my Silhouette Portrait.  Using Distress Ink (Vintage Photo) by Tim Holtz and inked the background paper using the stencil.  (The finished card is approximately 5-1/2” square).

I always liked dash lines on a card but I make a mess trying to make uniform lines.  So experimenting again I purchased various stitched lines from the Silhouette Store.  Then I created my own squares with the stitched lines.  And using the silhouette sketch pens the silhouette drew my stitched squares in the prescribed sizes I wanted.  Cool huh?   I went over the lines with a gelly roll pen by Sukura to give it the hand drawn look.

I added a few buttons tied with brown floss.  Banner was hand made using one of the sentiments that comes in the digital package.  Glitz things up with the Wink Stella Glitter brush.  The glitter is so subtle and great for masculine cards if you want to add some bling.  The ice cream scoops have 3 layers of Inkssentials glossy accents on them.  And just a little Aged Ochre embossing powder on each side of the ice scoops to give it the appearance that the top scoop is getting ready to fall off the cone.

Sidebar: I used Grafix Craft Plastic sheets weight .007. 

Here is a video to see it in action (almost like a silent movie), lol.

Cutting Grafix .007 Plastic Sheets

  I want to mention that I had to cut my template 4 times before it would cut all the way through.  I am sure its because my blade is dull.  I did read cutting on the plastic sheets may dull your blade so its good to have a blade just for stencil cutting.

I hope that I gave you some new ideas for your card making.  Let me know what you think?  And don’t forget to stop over the M5D Blog to see more great projects.

Have a great day!

Fran 

5 comments:

  1. Cute card, Fran!!! Love the coloring and the paper. You did awesome with the stencil and I love the gelly roll outlining. The buttons are a perfect embellishment!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Fran! But I must admit that I am very partial to anything having to do with ice cream! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, your card is adorable!! Love it. I love the look you got with the Chevron stencil. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Fran... and also what a great tip on using a separate blade if you are cutting different types of materials.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Fran! Great video too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my Post. I so appreciate your compliments and hope you will come back soon.
Hugs, Fran