PAGES

Sunday, February 24, 2013

You’re In My Thoughts

 

I found a sweet digital image created by Sassy Cheryl’s Digis and just had to color it for this project.  The image is something a little different from what I normally do because all you see is the back of characters and the image is called Better Than a Thousand Words.  I think once you see the photo you will agree with the title.  This time I did a little paper piecing by cutting out the little girl’s top and skirt using the This & That Paper Pad.  I really love how easy it was to paper piece the outfit.  The rest of the image was colored using my Prisma Colored Pencils.  All the paper (6 different prints) used to create the card is from Echo Park called This & That Graceful (6x6 paper pad).  The card base and the card stock used for the image is from Wal Mart.  I added some distress ink to the background of the image.  And also added lots of stickles.  More details about what I used and where to purchase will be listed below the photos.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Inside View

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Recipe:  This & That Graceful 6x6 paper pad, Distress Ink Pads (Fade Jeans, Scattered Straw, & Pine needles, Ranger Stickles Glue (Turquoise & Star Dust), Spellbinders Grand Nestablilities (Labels One) and Spellbinders Nestablities Labels One, Spellbinders Rose Creations by Donna-Salazar, Sentiment by Sophie Gallo from the Silhouette Store (inside of card), and one red dew drop for the center of the flower.

NOTE:  If there is anything I used that is not currently sold in the Cutters Creek Store or is out of stock please contact Kim Bush here.

Thank you for stopping by, Fran

6 comments:

  1. SOooooooooooooo adorable Fran!I am just loving your background...especially on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love this card!!!! She is the sweetest and I need to try my hand at paper piecing!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Fran! I agree, when you have several coordinating papers, cards are so much easier to design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fran, seems like a great card. I love design papers. May I ask, wha t is Ranger Stickles and what are dew drops? I've seen these things in the stores I buy from but never bought them and as you know I'm blind so can't see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Fran this is so sweet - love your paper piecing!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my Post. I so appreciate your compliments and hope you will come back soon.
Hugs, Fran