Well I went out of my comfort zone and decided I wanted to cover a paper mache box. I haven’t done this in such a long time. And looking at all the wonderful altered boxes the other DT members made I wanted to give it a try. I used Graphic 45 paper, French Country.
When I covered the bottom outside and inside I had to see how the lid would go on. Well it was a little hard to get it on but I got to fit and stretched it a little. Considering this I did not decorate the inside of the lid.
I used three prints that I loved to cover the box and made a flower and leaves for the lid. I added some bling to the side of the lid using red rhinestones by Kaisercraft. Once I made the flower and leaves and shaped them to my liking I finger painted them with Stickles Glitter Glue (Star Dust). After looking at the completed project I just felt it needed something else. So I added wooden balls (3 of them) to the bottom for feet. I painted the wooden balls using Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber in Willow (this color is so pretty). It actually matches one of the colors in the leaves. And everything is held together using Inkssentials Glossy Accents.
The flower was made using Spellbinders Donna-Salazar Rose Creations Die (S5-050)
Note: All underlined items can be purchased at https://www.cutterscreek.com/store/. If there is something I used to create my project but is not sold in the store just contact Kim here and she may be able to get it for you.
Thank you for stopping by, Fran