PAGES

Friday, June 14, 2013

Just Buzzing by to say “hi”

The Many Uses Of Sunflowers*

“During its long history, sunflowers have been used for several purposes. The early Native Americans were resourceful with the plant. They harvested their sunflowers and used them for food and medicine. The seeds were used for baking and also to add thickness to various stews. Archaeologists have uncovered evidence that suggests Native Americans also used sunflowers to remove warts and to treat those who suffered from sunstroke.

In the 18th century, after having been introduced to Russia, the sunflower became a popular source of cooking oil throughout Europe. Today, sunflower crops are grown in many countries throughout the world. Some cultures ground the sunflower seeds for use while making bread. Others harvest the seeds to be eaten as a nutritious snack. The seeds are also used as an ingredient in meals to add flavor and texture. And, of course, millions of people take great delight in planting sunflowers in their gardens”.

*Excerpt taken from Pioneer Thinking.

Image1Image1Image1Image1Image1Image1

My project today uses the cutest papers called Bees n’ Sunflowers along with the cutest Bee Girl image.  Most of the work was already done for me because I used the colored image.  And Paint Shop Pro to layer the various printed papers from Bees ‘n Sunflowers.  I even did some fussy cutting on four sunflowers to add more dimension to the front of my card.  You just have to check out these papers and the Bee Girl.  There are so many different options you can create. 

 

Image1Image1Image1Image1Image1Image1

 

Bee Girl With Sunflower - Color

PROMO Bee Girl w Sunflower color

Bee Girl With Sunflower - Outline

 

Bees n' Sunflowers DP

PROMO Bees n Sunflowers

 

Image1Image1Image1Image1Image1Image1

My Project

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

DETAILS:   I created a 5-1/2” card base from Neenah paper called Desert Storm.  I also used Neenah Solar White paper on the front of the card.  Inside the card I used Wal Mart paper in white and added two borders to match the front of the card. And each corner I copied and pasted a sunflower. 

I used three prints from Bees n’ Sunflowers Digi papers. The two borders on the front of the card were created in Paint Shop Pro that surround the central Image.  The borders and sunflowers that make up the central image was applied using a “copy and paste technique and then added a shadow for dimension.  The paper behind the image is the focal point for the image that was also copied and pasted with an added shadow.  The sentiment was in a png format and easily added to the focal image. 

The row of sunflowers on the bottom of the focal image were individually added to form the bottom border. 

I used Vintage Photo Stickles Glitter Glue to the centers of the 4 sunflowers on each corner (these were fussy cut).  And to the center of the sunflower that the Bee Girl is holding.  Vintage Photo was a perfect shade to use on the sunflowers. 

If you like sunflowers and the colors yellow & black you will love the Digital Colored Image and Digital Design Paper Pack used on this card.  Buzz on over to McMahon Five Designs Store to see all the new products.

 

Thank you for stopping by, Fran

8 comments:

  1. Love this bright and cheerful post Fran - well done.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, where do I begin? The depth and vibrancy to the colors of this paper are simply gorgeous!!!! And I love the fussy cutting. The image is just the cutest!!! This is a fantastic card!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable, Fran... I love that you used sunflowers, too... one of my favorite flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes Fran!! This is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable card and I love the colors!
    Thanks for joining us at 365cards!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how bright and fun this is! Great job!


    Simple Salutations

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute and well done Fran -- I know I owe you an e-mail. Life on the farm is quite crazy and I have had my youngest four grand kids for a week now. I am glad you are doing well Sugar!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my Post. I so appreciate your compliments and hope you will come back soon.
Hugs, Fran