PAGES

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It’s That Time OF The Year…..

 
When we start thinking about all the holidays that are coming up.  My project today can be for any Fall Theme holiday like Halloween or Thanksgiving.  It depends on the type of elements you use.  My project leans more to a Fall Theme where you can use it for that very special Trick or Treat person in you life.  Or it can be used for favor bags if you are hosting a Thanksgiving Dinner.  It has a formal flair to it because I just love making flowers and so I added a flower using the Spellbinders Rose Creation Die (S5-050).  I cut the flower out using my Ebosser cutting the  flower petals and leaves in one pass.   Really easy peasy!
 
Instead of making a rose out of it I just layered the petal layers and attached them with a pumpkin eyelet and brad. Then I sprayed the layers with with water and scrunched them tightly. I used my heat gun to dry the layers and then separated each layer gently so they would not tear.  I held the layers together with a small pumpkin eyelet in the center and then added a tiny brad to hold it all together.  I attached the flower to the bag/box by punching an 1/8th” hole to the bag/box and slipped the brad through and secured it in the inside of the bag.   Once the flower was all dried I dabbed the edges with Stickles (Orange Peel). I used a small paint brush to paint on the stickles to the edges of the petals.  I used Distress Stickles (crushed olive) on the edges of the leaves. I  creased the leaves and used Distress Ink Pad  (Pine Needles) on the center crease. Thanks Tee for this great idea you shared on one of your videos.
 
(click on photos for larger view)
Fall Theme Bag with Candy Display1
 
Flower Close-up_Fall Theme Bag
 
Fall Theme Bag_Empty

NOTE:  The template was printed using my printer on card stock (8-1/2 by 11”) and I printed the diagram of the template on the wrong side of the paper.  This way you will not see the black lines on the good side of the paper.  If  by chance you use double sided designed paper you can color the lines to blend with the paper.  This can be done using any imaging program like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Gimp, etc.  And I would be glad to help you if you have any questions.  You can direct your questions to me privately at francesb100@gmail.com.
You can also request  the template by going to my blog on the Templates Page.

I hope I have inspired you in some way.  And thank you for stopping by.

Fran

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my Post. I so appreciate your compliments and hope you will come back soon.
Hugs, Fran