PAGES

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Thank You

 

 

 

I created several cards since August but I haven’t had the chance to post them to the Blog. I am beginning to post today one of the first cards I created.

Today I am starting with a Thank You Card I created for a lovely friend who has been sending me such beautiful creations that she has sewn.  I created this card to thank her.   It is nothing compared to everything she has done for me but its at least my way of telling my friend how much I appreciate her.

And what a talented seamstress she is!  Here is her blog link if you would like to see her creations: https://abitofmelac.wordpress.com/2016/10/14/one-week-and-one-day-late/  (This is the most current post). There is so much more to see of her many talents besides sewing by checking the archives.

 

Details:

o Stamp - Mondo Magnolia by Ellen Hutson

o Thank You Sentiment - Papertrey Ink, Wonderful words: thank you die

o Distress Watercolor Cardstock by Tim Holtz (for card front).

o Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens

o Spectrum Noir Sparkle Clear Overlay (dabbed lightly on flower petals)

o Sequins – Pretty Pink Posh, gold and pink and added seed beads to the sequins.

o Card Base - Neenah Solar White (100#)

I stamped the image in VersaMark and then embossed the edges of the flower with Ranger Super Fine Detailed Gold and heat set using my heat tool.

I water colored the Magnolia using  water color paper.  The water color medium used was Zig Clean Color Brush pens in Pinks and Purple.  The white highlights on the flower were created using a Signo Uni-Ball broad pen in white pigment ink.  The Thank You sentiment was covered with VersaMark and dipped in the gold embossing powder and using my heat tool to set the embossing the powder.

The background behind the flower was done using the Zig Brush Pens in a light shade of grey and adding water to thin out the color away from the image.

The card base edges were rubbed with VersaMark and applied the Gold Embossing powder and heat set it with the heat tool.  This gave a nice edge for the base card and pulled all the gold embossing detail together.

 

Thank you for stopping by and would love your comments.  If you have any questions about how I created the card feel free to contact me.

 

Fran

2 comments:

  1. Fran this is beautiful, gorgeous background too, really sets the flower off. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Fran - the depth you have obtained with your colouring is remarkable, and the finishing and mounting accents an already stunning image
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my Post. I so appreciate your compliments and hope you will come back soon.
Hugs, Fran