PAGES

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Very First Card With A Scene

 

Little did I know how much was involved making a Round Easel Card plus adding a scene.  Once I began making it I wanted to quit because I thought I bit off more than I could chew.  But you know me (maybe you don’t) but I am a very persistent type person and thought just keep making the card and see what happens.  Well it did take me a while to make it because of time so I could only work on it here and there.  I finally finished it last night.  How about taking a look at it and let me know what you think.  And for those that have done cards with a scene I sure would appreciate your input on what  you would do differently.  All tips are welcome.

Camping Scene Card_Water Close-up

This is the bottom portion of the card showing the water, sand and wooded area. I was very, very limited with camping elements so I went online and found some cartoonish pictures and used them as my elements.  With a little help from Paint Shop Pro (coloring & re-sizing).  I think they look pretty good. (Click on photo to view larger).

Camping Scene Card_Bears Closeup

You can see that this card will be for a man or boy.  It can be used for Father’s Day or a Birthday. The image (Bears and Trees) is a Digi Image from My Time Made Easy (MTME). You can see more about the  image here.   (Click on photo to view larger).

happy trails

I really had fun coloring the image using Prisma Color Pencils and the Gamsol technique.  Don’t Papa Beat and the Little Guy look happy?  Do you think its because they caught all those fish or just having a great time together.?  I think its both.  And I bet Mamma Bear is enjoying the peace and quiet and not having to cook.

Camping Scene Card

Here is what the card looks like in its entirety.  (Click on photo to view larger).

Hugs, Fran

14 comments:

  1. OMG Fran, this card is AWESOME!!!! Your coloring is fantastic! So much detail. I have never seen a round easel card. I love it!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Fran, it is wonderful!! awesome job on it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card! My hubby even commented that it's cute - THAT'S quite a compliment!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran...this is just SO stinkin cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Fran, great card. I never would have thought to try an easel card that was round. I love the little scene you created on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job! I've never tried a circular card like that and appreciate your honesty about how hard it was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran, what a fantastic card! Love the scene and it's an easel card too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card- Wow this is quite the scene! I wanted to welcome you to the McMahon Five DT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the McMahon Five Designs Team!

    Very cute!! You did a great job on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fran, what a fun card... I love how it came out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an EXCELLENT creation! WOOT WOOT! I'm so glad I saw it! Thx for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sweet Fran!! Okay you really have out done yourself now. I love this card -- so creative. The inside is a wowzer and the outside is so cute and colored beautifully!
    Leaving tomorrow and will not be home until the 18th but mark my words - I'll be back!!
    Love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my Post. I so appreciate your compliments and hope you will come back soon.
Hugs, Fran